More than just a feeling of being "down in the dumps" or "blues" for a few days,Depression is a chronic disease that usually requires long-term treatment such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
Symptoms of depression include:
- Feeling sad for major part of the day for at least 2 weeks.
- Crying for no apparent reason
- Irritability over small things
- Losing interest in pleasurable activities
- Lack of sleep or sleeping too much
- depression reduces appetite and causes weight loss, but in some people
- causes increased appetite and weight gain.
- Slow in thinking, speaking, or moving
- Difficulty in concentrating,thinking,taking decisions or remembering things
- feeling tired or having low energy
- Feelings of worthlessness,hopelessness or guilt, and fixated on past mistakes
- Often thoughts of death or suffering
- Have unexplained physical problems such as back pain or headache.
Dr. Sumeet Inder Singh
Dr Sumeet Inder Singh is among the best senior consultant PSYCHIATRIST AND DEADDICTION SPECIALIST in Chandigarh India.
- Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why?
- How is drug addiction treated?
- Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ?
- Is depression treatable?
- What influences the ability to tolerate stress ?
- How can I cope with stress?
- What are symptoms of Depression?
- What is the duration of treatment?
- Will life be normal again after depression?
- What is depression?
- What are the reasons for becoming depressed?
- What should I do if I am depressed?
- What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs?
- What are the symptoms?
- What is stress?