What should I do if I am depressed? +As you recognize your depression, the first thing is to go to a mental health professional like a psychiatrist and… Read More
Is it safe to take antidepressants during pregnancy & breastfeeding? +Antidepressant medications pass across the placental barrier, potentially exposing the developing fetus to the medication, women and their doctors need… Read More
Is depression treatable? How? +Yes. Depression, even the most severe case, is treatable .Treatment involves taking medicines (called antidepressants) & counseling. Read More
What illnesses often coexist with depression in women? +Depression often coexists with other illnesses that may precede the depression, follow it, cause it, be a consequence of it,… Read More
What are the risk factors for depression in women? +There are a number of different, yet interrelated, risk factors for depression in women. Risk Factors for Depression in Women… Read More
Why Are Women at Greater Risk for Depression than Men? +Many factors unique to women are suspected to play a role in developing depression. Certain events in a woman's life… Read More
What are the symptoms? +Doctors continue to learn about how women are affected by depression, but there are some common symptoms. If you're depressed,… Read More
Is depression more common in women than in men? +Yes. Women are twice as likely as men to experience depression. Read More
Doctors continue to learn about how women are affected by depression, but there are some common symptoms. If you're depressed, you may have some of these symptoms nearly every day, all day, for 2 weeks or longer:
- Feeling sad, hopeless and having frequent crying spells
- Losing interest or pleasure in things you used to enjoy (including sex)
- Feeling guilty, helpless or worthless
- Thinking about death or suicide
- Sleeping too much, or having problems sleeping
- Loss of appetite and unintended weight loss or gain
- Feeling very tired all the time
- Having trouble paying attention and making decisions
- Having aches and pains that don't get better with treatment
- Feeling restless, irritated and easily annoyed
Dr. Sumeet Inder Singh
Dr Sumeet Inder Singh is among the best senior consultant PSYCHIATRIST AND DEADDICTION SPECIALIST in Chandigarh India.
M.D.(Psychiatry), C.C.S.T.(U.K.).He has also been conferred upon the special distinction of SEXOLOGIST by the AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SEXOLOGISTS (U. S. A.).
- Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why?
- How is drug addiction treated?
- Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ?
- Is depression treatable?
- What influences the ability to tolerate stress ?
- How can I cope with stress?
- What are symptoms of Depression?
- What is the duration of treatment?
- Will life be normal again after depression?
- What are the reasons for becoming depressed?
- What is depression?
- What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs?
- What should I do if I am depressed?
- What are the symptoms?
- What is stress?