What is depression? +Everyone experiences sadness from time to time, but depression is not just having the “blues”. It is a complex mental… Read More
What are symptoms of Depression? +The list is not complete, and not everyone who is depressed experiences all of these symptoms. The severity of symptoms… Read More
What are the reasons for becoming depressed? +We are still not sure what causes depression. Experts say depression is caused by a combination of factors, such as… Read More
Is depression treatable? +Yes , Treatment of depression involves medicines and Counseling / Psychotherapy. Whereas medicines treat the chemical imbalance in your brain, counselling helps… Read More
Can depression be cured? +Yes, Depression like any other illness is completely curable, if treated properly with appropriate medicines & for adequate duration. Read More
How do medicines help to treat depression? +Medicines for treating depression are called antidepressants . They correct the chemical imbalance in the brain that Causes depression. Modern antidepressants… Read More
What is the duration of treatment? +Usually treatment for depression is to be continued for about 4-6 months, after feeling completely well, to avoid relapse. Some… Read More
Can Depression recur? +Yes. Recurrences are common. Even though the initial episode of depression may resolve, a long lasting change in the biology… Read More
Will life be normal again after depression? +Yes , depression is one of the illnesses in which full cure is possible and gets back to normal life gradually. Read More
The list is not complete, and not everyone who is depressed experiences all of these symptoms. The severity of symptoms varies with individuals and varies over time.
When You're Depressed..
- You feel sad or cry a lot and it doesn't go away
- You feel guilty for no real reason; you feel like you're no good; you've lost your confidence.
- Life seems meaningless or like nothing good is ever going to happen again.
- You have a negative attitude a lot of the time, or it seems like you have no feelings.
- You don't feel like doing a lot of the things you used to like -- like music, sports, being with friends, going out -- and you want to be left alone most of the time.
- It's hard to make up your mind. You forget lots of things, and it's hard to concentrate.
- You get irritated often. Little things make you lose your temper; you overreact.
- Your sleep pattern changes; you start sleeping a lot more or you have trouble falling asleep at night. Or you wake up really early most mornings and can't get back to sleep.
- Your eating habits change; you've lost your appetite or you eat a lot more.
- You think about death, or feel like you're dying, or have thoughts about committing suicide.
Dr. Sumeet Inder Singh
Dr Sumeet Inder Singh is among the best senior consultant PSYCHIATRIST AND DEADDICTION SPECIALIST in Chandigarh India.
- Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why?
- How is drug addiction treated?
- Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ?
- Is depression treatable?
- What influences the ability to tolerate stress ?
- How can I cope with stress?
- What are symptoms of Depression?
- What is the duration of treatment?
- Will life be normal again after depression?
- What is depression?
- What are the reasons for becoming depressed?
- What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs?
- What should I do if I am depressed?
- What are the symptoms?
- What is stress?