There are many things you can do to reduce the impact of stress and cope with symptoms.
- Exercise regularly ---Go for a brisk walk, join an aerobics class or a gym, ride a bike, jog with friends or even go for a swim.
- Take a class in yoga, learn progressive relaxation , meditation or do simple deep breathing.
- A close confiding relationship of family members & trusted friends is your greatest protection against stress, so cultivate close emotional relationships
- Listening to any type of music you find enjoyable,can help you relax
- Take out time for yourself at least three times a week. Go out for a leisurely meal preferably with someone with whom you don’t end up discussing business, read a novel over a cup of tea, switch off your phone ,sit quietly with your eyes closed & deep breathe.
- Eat well balanced, nutritious meals.Avoid alcohol,cigarettes & decrease the intake of coffee, chocolates, sugar snacks
- Get adequate sleep.
- If you feel angry, walk away. Simply do deep breathing & count mentally up to 10, then look at the situation again.
- Set reasonable standards for yourself and others. Don’t expect perfection
- Learn to identify and monitor stressors .Either try changing the situation by avoiding / altering the stressor or change your reaction by adapting / accepting
Dr. Sumeet Inder Singh
Dr Sumeet Inder Singh is among the best senior consultant PSYCHIATRIST AND DEADDICTION SPECIALIST in Chandigarh India.
- Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why?
- How is drug addiction treated?
- Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ?
- Is depression treatable?
- What influences the ability to tolerate stress ?
- How can I cope with stress?
- What are symptoms of Depression?
- What is the duration of treatment?
- Will life be normal again after depression?
- What is depression?
- What are the reasons for becoming depressed?
- What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs?
- What should I do if I am depressed?
- What are the symptoms?
- What is stress?