What is stress? +Stress is a physical response to events or a stimulus like pain or fear that makes you feel threatened and… Read More
How Does The Body Responds To Stress? +When you perceive real or imagined danger or threat — your nervous system responds by releasing stress hormones , including adrenaline and… Read More
Is Stress Helpfull In Any Way ? if yes ,how? +Stress in certain circumstances may be experienced positively. If the stress involved enhances physical or mental function, such as through… Read More
What are common warning signs of excess stress? +Irritability , short temper or being moody Memory problems and inability to concentrate Agitation or an inability to relax Feeling overwhelmed… Read More
What are effects of long term stress? +Chronic stress can have a serious impact on our physical as well as psychological health due to sustained high levels… Read More
What influences the ability to tolerate stress ? +Your support system — A strong network of supportive friends and family members is an enormous buffer against life’s stressors. The… Read More
How can I cope with stress? +There are many things you can do to reduce the impact of stress and cope with symptoms. Exercise regularly ---Go… Read More
There are many things you can do to reduce the impact of stress and cope with symptoms.
- Exercise regularly ---Go for a brisk walk, join an aerobics class or a gym, ride a bike, jog with friends or even go for a swim.
- Take a class in yoga, learn progressive relaxation , meditation or do simple deep breathing.
- A close confiding relationship of family members & trusted friends is your greatest protection against stress, so cultivate close emotional relationships
- Listening to any type of music you find enjoyable,can help you relax
- Take out time for yourself at least three times a week. Go out for a leisurely meal preferably with someone with whom you don’t end up discussing business, read a novel over a cup of tea, switch off your phone ,sit quietly with your eyes closed & deep breathe.
- Eat well balanced, nutritious meals.Avoid alcohol,cigarettes & decrease the intake of coffee, chocolates, sugar snacks
- Get adequate sleep.
- If you feel angry, walk away. Simply do deep breathing & count mentally up to 10, then look at the situation again.
- Set reasonable standards for yourself and others. Don’t expect perfection
- Learn to identify and monitor stressors .Either try changing the situation by avoiding / altering the stressor or change your reaction by adapting / accepting the stressor.
Dr. Sumeet Inder Singh
Dr Sumeet Inder Singh is among the best senior consultant PSYCHIATRIST AND DEADDICTION SPECIALIST in Chandigarh India.
M.D.(Psychiatry), C.C.S.T.(U.K.).He has also been conferred upon the special distinction of SEXOLOGIST by the AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SEXOLOGISTS (U. S. A.).
- Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why?
- How is drug addiction treated?
- Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ?
- Is depression treatable?
- What influences the ability to tolerate stress ?
- How can I cope with stress?
- What is the duration of treatment?
- What are symptoms of Depression?
- Will life be normal again after depression?
- What are the reasons for becoming depressed?
- What is depression?
- What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs?
- What should I do if I am depressed?
- What is stress?
- What are the symptoms?